As promised a few days ago, here is my rundown of this month's publications, with a few other articles I wish to feature.
Building on my earlier article about how the West is helping to destroy Christianity in Syria, I have returned to the situation in Syria this month with the following two updates:
- Senator McCain Defends Syrian Rebels in Unprecedented Temper Tantrum
- Syrian Rebels Kidnap Nuns and Orphans
In 2013 I continued with my ongoing series on evangelicalism and Gnosticism with two more contributions. These articles explore some of the ways that Gnostic-type ideas have infected Christian thinking about work.
- Your Day Job is Your Ministry (Gnosticism and Evangelicalism 5)
- Gnosticism in the Work Place (Gnosticism and Evangelicalism 6)
If my book Saints and Scoundrels sells enough copies, I will be approaching my publisher about doing a sequel. Once again, I will hope to focus on both well-known heroes and villains, as well as lesser known figures. One of the lesser known figures I hope to cover is Sir Clement Attlee - surely a first-order villain if ever there was one. In this Christian Voice article I explain about his life and legacy.
Creation and Evolution
Having stayed out of the creation/evolution debate for my entire career, I finally couldn't resist getting involved after I watched the Ham/Nye debate. I wrote a three-part study guide for small groups watching the debate. Here are the first two articles in this series. The third one will be published by the Colson Center next Monday.
- Ham/Nye Debate on Creation vs. Evolution: A guide for discussion (part 1)
- Ham/Nye Debate on Creation vs. Evolution: A guide for discussion (part 2)
- Ham/Nye Debate on Creation vs. Evolution: A guide for discussion (part 3)
Finally, this month I have finished my ongoing series on the Islamization of Britain.