Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Screwtape Letters



I have just finished re-reading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.
Lewis is always insightful, even when he is playing the part of the devil.

The thing I appreciate about the book is the depth of insight into human sin. The book consists of a series of letters from senior devil Screwtape to his nephew Wormwood on how to corrupt his human patient.

Be forewarned! The little book makes for an uncomfortable read. Lewis exposes all the little mind games we play to justify our sin. As I read I kept thinking, “Yes, that’s me, that's me.”

In addition to exposing the lies we believe as individuals to make our sin more comfortable, Lewis also exposes cultural falsehoods which deceive large portions of the populace.


To join my mailing list, send a blank email to phillips7440 (at sign) roadrunner.com with “Blog Me” in the subject heading.

No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!