Monday, August 08, 2011

Implications of Repealing DOMA

On 20 July I read that President Obama had backed Sen. Feinstein’s bill to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). For many years the homosexual lobby has been incensed by this Act, which was passed by President Clinton in 1996. DOMA mandates that the federal government can only recognize a union between one man and one woman as being "marriage." DOMA also restricts marriage benefits to married couples.

What are the implications of DOMA being repealed? That is a question I have explored at the Charles Colson Center in my article 'Sophistry in America.' I encourage my readers to visit that article, as this is an issue that should concern us all and may change our lives in very practical ways.



No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!