Monday, August 06, 2012

Snipping the Threads

“The Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams said that Government's plans
to legalize same-sex ‘marriage’ were 'completely irrational'.”
David Cameron's government has promised to legalize same-sex 'marriage' sometime prior to 2015. This has been a matter of grave concern for the Church of England, which has shown uncharacteristic zeal this summer in setting itself up as the government's worst enemy.

The stand-off between Government and the church on this issue is unprecedented since the time of the Reformation nearly 500 years ago.


Legal scholars and journalists alike have warned that it could involve “snipping the threads” of the delicate balance between Church and state. Some officials within the Church of England have even been speculating that it could lead to the complete disenfranchisement of the English church.

Given that I am a confirmed member of the Anglican church and that my daughter was baptized into the Church of England, this is an issue I have been watching carefully. In a recent Question and Answer I did for the UK lobby group Christian Voice, I discussed some of the ramifications of this issue and why the Church of England has been so willing to face a show-down with David Cameron's government. To read my interview, click on the following link:




____________

Read my columns at the Charles Colson Center

Read my writings at Alfred the Great Society

To join my mailing list, send a blank email to robin (at sign) atgsociety.com with “Blog Me” in the subject heading.

Click Here to friend-request me on Facebook and get news feeds every time new articles are added to this blog.

No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!