Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Family Pictures


Ash Wednesday in the Phillips' Household

Having saved our Palm Sunday crosses, each of the children burnt theirs today (Ash Wednesday - the beginning of Lent).

From the ash of the burnt crosses I observed the ancient tradition of marking the sign of the cross on their foreheads.

Don't worry, I let the ashes cool down before marking the children.


The boys argued over who would mark me, so as a compromise Matthew drew the vertical beam and Timothy the horizontal.


I found that the ash had to be mixed with some of my tea to make it stick, so it got kind of messy. We had a good time, apart from when the bowl of ashes got so hot that it burned a hole in the carpet (shhh, Esther doesn't know yet). We all will need baths tonight but I think I shall wait for Easter to take my bath (adding a new dimension to the wilderness theme of Lent).

Christmas in the Phillips' Household

Here is Susanna, Esther, and some of the dolls Susanna got for Christmas.

Here is my beautiful wife, made even more lovely by her new hat.


Some winter fun:


Susanna is glad that Joe came home for Christmas (I thought it might be pushing it to try to persuade him to come for Lent).

All the children together:


To remember merry England, Matthew and Esther have built an impressive model cathedral of Westminster Abbey.




No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!