Blasting holes in scientific naturalism, marveling at the intricate design of the universe, and promoting life in a culture of death;Critiquing art, music, film, television, and literature, interrupting mass media influence, and questioning the sanity of our consumerist lifestyle;Countering destructive ideologies, replacing revisionist fictions with undeniable facts, and paring away political correctness;Debunking the cultural myths that have undercut human dignity, all but destroyed the notions of virtue and morality, and slowly eroded our appetite for transcendence;Recovering the one worldview that actually works.
The above is from the mission statement of Salvo magazine.
If that isn't already enough to interests you in subscribing to Salvo magazine, the clincher is that nearly every issue includes an article by me.
The articles I write for Salvo explore everything from political correctness to the influence of the media on our sexuality. Although most of the articles that appear in the magazine are only available in the print edition, Salvo has kindly put some of my past articles online, including
- Unmaking a Difference Is Gender Neutrality the New Stereotype?
- Apples, Oranges and Gay Marriage : the Name Game and Hidden Assumptions
- The Illusionist How Herbert Marcuse Convinced a Generation that Censorship Is Tolerance and Other Politically Correct Tricks
- Sex and the Kiddies: The Sexualization of Children and How Advertising and Entertainment Change Their Brains
- Baby Freeze Is Population Control the New Solution to Global Warming?
- Gender Benders Is My Sexual Identity an Accident Just Waiting to Happen?
- Holy Matrimony The Unexpected Connection Between Religion and Sexual Fulfillment