Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm Looking for a Job

Two weeks ago I got a phone call from my boss to inform me that the magazine I was writing for in England no longer has the funds to keep employing me. As a result, my pay has been cut to one quarter of what I was previously earning.

The long and the short of it is that I have suddenly found myself out of work, with very little time to look for anything else. We were living hand-to-mouth so we have no savings to fall back upon, making it a matter of urgency for me to find work sometime in July.

I am making this announcement because we are in great need of prayer, and also because we need as many people as possible to keep an ear open for positions. I will naturally be using all the normal channels to try to find work, but it always helps to have a network of people with their ears wide open. If any of my readers would like to see a copy of my resume and my qualifications as a writer, just shoot me an email. (Given the urgency of the situation, I am not merely looking for work in my field but am willing to take anything, although relocation will be a last resort).

With five dependents, this has naturally been a very difficult blow for us. If I am unable to find work by the beginning of next month then we will be in the position of having, quite literally, to trust the Lord for our daily bread.

I know that many other people are facing similar trials during these difficult economic times. What an encouragement it is to serve a sovereign God who promises to work good even out of the difficult providences He sends us. Please pray that Esther and I would remain joyful and positive, keeping our hearts fixed on the following promises:

Romans 8:35 & 37: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

James 1:2-4: "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."

To join my mailing list, send a blank email to phillips7440 (at sign) roadrunner.com with “Blog Me” in the subject heading.

No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!