Thursday, January 06, 2011

Review of Voyage of the Dawn Treader Movie

I always try to start a review, even a negative one, by saying at least something positive about the work. But after watching The Voyage of the Dawn Treader last night, I am hard pressed to find anything positive to say.

I’ve probably read C.S. Lewis’ The Voyage of the Dawn Treader four or five times, and every time I have cried at the final scene. Needless to say, I never cried during the movie, though I did wince from embarrassment at the mediocre art, the pitiful directing and the wooden narrative.
 
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is probably the slowest of all Lewis’ Narnia books, yet it is the richest and the most subtle. The attempt to generate a blockbuster hit out of the story remains painfully embarrassing at best and mind-numbingly tedious at worst.

Keep reading

No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!