Friday, July 15, 2011

Remember Christ Crucified

St. John of the Cross once said, "Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent.”

I don't know about you, but whenever something disagreeable happens to me, my first instinct is often to complain about it. However,. St. John of the Cross reminds me that there is a better way. By meditating on Christ crucified, our own sufferings are put into perspective. We can then learn to either remain silent or find occasions for giving praise. 

At the Charles Colson Center, I have prepared a week's worth of Bible readings around this very theme. To view the readings, click on the following link:


Christ is the Solution to Grumbling


To join my mailing list, send a blank email to robin (at sign) atgsociety.com with “Blog Me” in the subject heading.
 
Click Here to friend-request me on Facebook and get news feeds every time new articles are added to this blog. 
 
Click Here to follow me on Twitter.
 
Visit my other website: Alfred the Great Society

No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!