- In an interview with the New York Times, Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg alluded to the fact that abortion is all about getting rid of certain types of people that we do not want around: "Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don't want to have too many of.
- Echoing comments made by the Optimum Population Trust in 2007, The London School of Economics suggested that the best way to combat global warming is to reduce the surplus population through contraception and abortion. (Their logic is simple: more people = more polluters.) Similarly, a 2007 report, written by specialist Professor Barry Walters for the Australian medical journal, calls for couples with more than two children to be charged a lifelong tax to offset their extra offspring's carbon dioxide emissions. Parents to be charged $5000 a head for every child after their second, and an annual tax of up to $800. (See Steve Watson's article 'Elite Depopulation Agenda Gains Ground')
- In its autumn 2009 edition (Issue 10), Salvo magazine reported that the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has come up with a new way to reduce poverty: reduce poor people. The campaign, which has been supported by Bill Gates, does so by supporting and funding coercive sterilization, contraception and abortion campaigns. (See Stephen Moore's article Don't Fund UNFPA Population Control). In this regard, it should not be overlooked that many have warned that 'Agenda 21' of the United Nations Division For Sustainable Development also has population control implications.
- In a 1981 interview which is quoted here, Thomas Ferguson of the State Department Office of Population Affairssaid "we must reduce population levels. Either governments do it our way, through nice clean methods, or they will get the kinds of mess that we have in El Salvador, or in Iran or in Beirut. Population is a political problem. Once population is out of control, it requires authoritarian government, even fascism, to reduce it.."
- Population control seems to be the pet topic among those men who control much of the world's wealth. Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and Ted Turner have all spoken publically in favour of drastically reducing the human species, and supported programs designed to eliminate the excess in babies. For example, in 1996, Ted Turner stated that, "A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal." (See Ted Turner Wants You Dead To Save The Planet)
- College professors and leaders frequently cite the Georgia Guidestones to in arguing that that we should "maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature." To achieve that, the human population would have to be thinned by 90%.
- The Anglo-Dutch financial empire has been and still is committed to reducing the world's population from the present 6.7 billion, to under 2 billion persons. As Laurence Hecht reminds us, this has been stated repeatedly in the post-war period by such leading spokesmen as Lord Bertrand Russell, Julian Huxley, and World Wildlife Fund founders Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands and the still-living Prince Philip, who has reiterated many times his desire to see the human population thinned.
- Robert McNamara of the World Bank has said, "Excessive population growth is the greatest single obstacle to the economic and social advancement of most of the societies in the developing world."
- Initiative for the United Nations ECO-92 Earth Charter reads, "The present vast overpopulation, now far beyond the world carrying capacity, cannot be answered by future reductions in the birth rate due to contraception, sterilization and abortion, but must be met in the present by the reduction of numbers presently existing. This must be done by whatever means necessary."
- Dr. Henry Kissinger has said "World population needs to be decreased by 50%."
- Friends of the Earth founder, David Brower, has stated, "That's the first thing to do, start controlling the population in affluent white America, where a child born to a white American will use about fifty times the resources of a child born in the black ghetto." "Childbearing [should be] a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license.... All potential parents [should be] required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing." (Taken from Population Control...Just a Conspiracy Theory, Right?)
- President Obama's top science and technology advisor, John P. Holdren, has advocated the possibility of a "planetary regime" that would use a "global police force" to enforce totalitarian measures of population control, including forced abortions, mass sterilization programs conducted via the food and water supply, as well as mandatory bodily implants that would prevent couples from having children.
Read my columns at the Charles Colson Center
Read my writings at Alfred the Great Society
To join my mailing list, send a blank email to robin (at sign) atgsociety.com with “Blog Me” in the subject heading.
Click Here to friend-request me on Facebook and get news feeds every time new articles are added to this blog.