Thursday, December 31, 2009

How do I have time to blog so much?


Given that I have young children and more than one job, a question that naturally arises is how I have time to be such a prolific blogger. The answer is that I am not a prolific blogger despite appearances. This is because a lot of my articles are recycled from posts I wrote years ago, for the benefit of new visitors and in order to encourage frequent visits. Second, some of the posts are copies of things that I have already written for the edification or instruction of my children. Thirdly, a lot of the posts on my blog are reprints from things I have written for other publications as part of my ongoing work as a freelance journalist/writer (the five different publications that I currently write for are Christian Voice's print publication, Christianity and Society, Salvo, Signs of the Times, Lulu, the Spokane Libertarian Examiner). I'm on a salary with the first publication, while the latter publication pays me per visitors (roughly one cent per click) so I try to keep the readership of this blog high (through continual new content) in order to draw people to my Examiner articles. The strategy has been working to earn me a little money (alas, only a little).


Click here to read my political column in the Spokane Libertarian Examiner
.
To join my mailing list, send a blank email to phillips7440 (at sign) roadrunner.com with “Blog Me” in the subject heading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you emailed me shortly after your Swine Flu Vaccine article was published in the Spokanne Libertarian Observer, noting that it had generated 180,000 hits on google. Does that mean you received 180,000pennies? Or does your contact have a proviso that says if an article goes viral they only pay up to a certain amount?

patrick

Unknown said...

No it doesn't mean that. The article was copied and pasted on a lot of other sites, which is why the google stats were so high.

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!