Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Whatness of an Apple

"In scholastic philosophy," Wikipedia informs us, "quiddity was another term for the essence of an object, literally it's "whatness,' or 'what it is.'" 

After reading that, I began thinking a lot about the 'whatness' of things. Here I am deeply contemplating the whatness of an apple. (Courtesy of Jerry Janquart Salvo Magazine.)

Robin contemplating the whatness of an apple

 ____________

Read my columns at the Charles Colson Center

Read my writings at Alfred the Great Society

To join my mailing list, send a blank email to robin (at sign) atgsociety.com with “Blog Me” in the subject heading.

Click Here to friend-request me on Facebook and get news feeds every time new articles are added to this blog.

No comments:

Buy Essential Oils at Discounted Prices!